Sydney HEMS Sux Contraindications
Strayer RJ. Rocuronium versus succinylcholine: Cochrane synopsis reconsidered. Ann Emerg Med 2011; 58(2): 217-8
Strayer RJ. Rocuronium vs. succinylcholine revisited. Ann Emerge Med 2010; 39(3): 345-6.
Mallon WK et al. Response to Rocuronium vs. succinylcholine revisited. Ann Emerge Med 2010; 39(3): 346-7.
Strayer RJ. (2010, January 14). Screencast: Rocuronium vs. Succinylcholine in 8 minutes. Retrieved from http://emupdates.com/2010/01/14/rocuronium-vs-succinylcholine/
- Sluga M, Ummenhofer W, Studer W, Siegemund M, Marsch SC. Rocuronium versus succinylcholine for rapid sequence induction of anesthesia and endotracheal intubation: a prospective, randomized trial in emergent cases. Anesth Analg 2005; 101:1356 – 61.
- McCourt KC, Salmela L, Mirakhur RK, et al. Comparison of rocuronium and suxamethonium for use during rapid sequence induction of anaesthesia. Anaesthesia 1998;53:867–71.
- Laurin EG, Sakles JC, Panacek EA, Rantapaa AA, Redd J. A comparison of succinylcholine and rocuronium for rapid-sequence intubation of emergency department patients. Acad Emerg Med 2000;7:1362–9.
- Herbstritt A. BET 3: Is rocuronium as effective as succinylcholine at facilitating laryngoscopy during rapid sequence intubation. Emerg Med J 2012; 29(3): 256-9.
- Taha SK et al. Effect of suxamethonium vs rocuronium on onset of oxygen desaturation during apnoea following rapid sequence induction. Anaesthesia 2010; 65: 358-61.
- Tang L et al. Desaturation following rapid sequence induction using succinylcholine vs. rocuronium in overweight patients. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2011; 55: 203-8.